With the newly announced HD collection...
I have updated the descriptors to have "Playstation 3" and "Xbox 360" to accomadate the fact that the newly announced HD collection of MGS will be bringing MGS3 to the PS3 and X360
Archive film footage IDing.
I'm working on a subsection that dealt with the archive film footage, I was wondering whether anyone can give specific IDs to the film footage in the game, the ones that did actually exist during that time anyways? Weedle McHairybug (talk) 13:36, April 21, 2013 (UTC)
Matpat come out with a theory that Metal Gear Solid 3 is a simulation of the actual 1964 mission. The details:
- Snake himself comments on a "Virtual Mission".
- If Ocelot is killed a game over screen (Ocelot is Dead) appears. If you wait on that screen it reforms into Time Paradox with a voice over of "What have you done? You've changed the future!" by what sounds like Colonel Roy Campbell.
- Snake eats CalorieMate which didn't exist until 1983.
- It is stated via a radio announcement that "In 1957 at the JFK Special Operation Center at Fort Bregg, the Boss was invited to instruct at the first ever US Military HALO School" In series continuity (and the real world) JFK doesn't become president until 1961. In the real world HALO didn't start until 1960 and the actual JFK Special Operation Center facility wasn't built until 1982.
- In reference to James Bond, Major Zero states "Snake, wouldn't you like to have a gun shaped like a pen" which is cited as "007: From Russia with Love" but in reality it appears in neither that book or the film of that name. It does appear in 1983's Never Say Never Again as a reworking of the Flare Gun in the 1961 novel Thunderball.--BruceGrubb (talk) 14:55, May 14, 2019 (UTC)