Big Boss Big Boss, formerly known as Naked Snake, was a renowned special forces operative and mercenary commander. He founded U.S. Army Special Forces Unit FOXHOUND, along with the mercenary company Militaires Sans Frontières, and was one of the founding members of the Patriots. Big Boss later established the military states of Outer Heaven and Zanzibar Land as bases for his companies, in order to realize his ambitions of creating a nation for soldiers. Considered by some as "The Greatest Warrior of the 20th Century," he earned such monikers as "the Legendary Soldier" and "the Legendary Mercenary," feared in combat by both friend and foe as a hero and a madman. Read more about Big Boss Metal Gear REX Metal Gear REX was a Metal Gear prototype that was jointly developed by DARPA, ArmsTech, and Livermore National Labs for the United States Army in the early 2000s. In 2005, both ArmsTech President Kenneth Baker and DARPA chief Donald Anderson attended a rail gun testing exercise for Metal Gear REX at the nuclear weapons disposal facility on Shadow Moses Island. However, REX's prototype was captured by the special forces group FOXHOUND, which had originally been assigned to oversee the final testing of the secret new weapon. Read more about Metal Gear REX Mother Base Mother Base was the base of operations for Diamond Dogs, a mercenary unit originally composed of surviving members of the Militaires Sans Frontières and later expanded to include thousands of personnel of various backgrounds. Like the MSF before them, Diamond Dogs' Mother Base was an offshore plant comprised of several connected struts. It was located near the Seychelles off the eastern coast of Africa. Read more about Mother Base (Seychelles)
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- Know how to edit? Consult our Manual of Style to better see article standards.
- If you want to help but you're not sure where to start, try improving the various stub articles by expanding them.
- Uploading game screenshots is another way to help out. Check for pages needing images. Don't forget to add the correct categories and a description!
- Check the list of wanted pages for frequently linked-to articles that don't exist yet.
- Clean up articles that are in need of attention.
- Fix maintenance reports.
Learning how to edit?
- ...Solid Snake's real name, David, is the same first name as his voice actor (David Hayter)?
- ...Director Hideo Kojima cameos as an unlockable character in Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes, and The Phantom Pain?
- ...Revolver Ocelot is the only character to have appeared in every game in the main series in some form?
- ...Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was originally going to be developed in-house by Kojima Productions before being shifted to Platinum Games?
- ...The name Ishmael in the opening of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is a reference to Moby Dick?
Major wiki redesign, including a new background, main page and theme!